What made you choose ‘I’m Your Man’ over ‘The Edge Of Heaven’?
‘The Edge Of Heaven’ you can tie fairly strongly to the last album – it’s like a more raunchy ‘Wake Me Up’ – while ‘I’m Your Man’ is pretty different to anything we’ve ever done. Also I’d got pretty sick of ‘Edge’ because we played it all summer in America! ‘I’m Your Man’ was written very quickly. The whole of the first verse and chorus came to me in five minutes on an internal flight in America.
- ‘Mr. Pop Man’ Interview with George Michael (No. 1 Magazine, 1985)
- Wham!’s Last Week, Smash Hit Magazine (July 1986)
- George Michael: The Lone Star State Interview on Q Magazine (June 1988)
- George Michael Interview with Capital FM Radio with Dr. Fox (Dec 1998)
- Wham! In China (Part 2), Smash Hits Magazine (1985)