The article “Pop star’s £5,000 gift” appeared in South London Press on 19 June 2003.
POP star George Michael has donated £5,000 to help a Greenwich-based charity for children who have been sexually abused.
The singer has contributed to
Co-ordinator Denise Hubble said: “We approached him for £5,000 to fund the course as volunteers for the line require specialist training. They are dealing with stressful and traumatic situations.”
Information about Mosac:
Originally established in 1992 Mosac supports non-abusing parents and carers of sexually abused children through a range of services including telephone helpline, information, advice, advocacy, support groups, counselling and play therapy.
Charity no. 1139077
Company no. 6798854
London, SE4 2PE
- List of Charities George Michael Supported
- George Michael’s Interview with the Gay Magazine ‘The Advocate’ (1999)
- ‘George Michael, Seriously’ from Rolling Stone Magazine (1988)
- George Michael on Beating Drugs, Depression and His Outing in LA (GQ Magazine, 2004)
- George Michael: Unzipped (Marie Claire, 2004)