George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley of Wham! was one of the musical acts featured in The Best of Smash Hits: Six Years of Interviews from the Sex Pistols to Frankie Goes to Hollywood.
The 224-page paperback book contained some of the interviews done in the first six years of the magazine. The book was compiled by Neil Tennant, with an introduction by John Taylor of Duran Duran.
Two Wham! interviews were selected for the book:
- “The Sundance Kids” from the August 18-31, 1983 issue of Smash Hits magazine written by Ian Birch.
- “Wham! The Beach Boys” written by Neil Tennant and published in on May 24, 1984.
Below are the images of the book.
The Sundance Kids
A year ago Wham! made records and simply had fun. Now they’ve got managers, gossip columns and solo careers to worry about. Ian Birch hears about the art of growing up fast.
Read the full article “The Sundance Kids” here
The Beach Boys
A sun-soaked story of sea, sand, shorts, shuttlecocks and snogging. Yes, Wham! are back. Your travel guide in Miami: Neil Tennant.
To read the full article, go to “The Beach Boys”.
- George Michael: The Long Goodbye (US Weekly, 1991)
- Wham! Make it Bigger: Smash Hits Magazine 1984
- Wham! Rap (Star Hits Holiday, 1984)
- ‘Wham! The Sundance Kids’ in Smash Hits (1983)
- Wham! (Smash Hits, 1982)