When George Michael’s death was announced on Christmas Day in 2016, the world mourned the loss of a huge talent who left us far too soon. Blessed with a dramatic, soulful voice, Michael was a charismatic pop star . . . and far more. With his keen social conscience, he worked tirelessly for charity, became a gay icon who fought for sexual rights and education, and took on the record industry and media.
George Michael: Freedom tells his story, from the fun and sunshiny tunes of Wham! to the dark lyricism of his solo work. Featuring informative and insightful text from a prominent music journalist and a variety of photographs from many of the best contemporary photographers—including rarely seen images and some taken during his final appearances—this beautiful tribute paints an intimate portrait of the world-famous musician.
The book is written by David Nolan, an author, television producer, and university lecturer specializing in music and popular culture. His previous books include works on Ed Sheeran, Emeli Sandé, and Jake Bugg.
- Hardcover: 144 pages
- Publisher: Carlton Books (January 2, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1780979797
- ISBN-13: 978-1780979793
- George Michael Interview on the David Letterman Show (1998)
- George Michael Interview with Capital FM Radio with Dr. Fox (Dec 1998)
- George Michael in Q Magazine Interview (October 1990)
- An Audience with George Michael: Interview with Chris Evans (1996)
- Graham Norton Interview with George Michael (2003)