In November 2017, BBC 2 Radio broadcasted the lengthy interview between Kirsty Young and George Michael, which was his last ever interview. What Kristy said about George in the intro perfectly describes the man and what he has accomplished.
Kirsty Young: He was a fearless artist. He had a voice like no other. His ability to write, produce and perform great music was unrivaled. And so he became one of THE biggest-selling artists in the world, earning the status of the legend. This is George Michael’s final interview.
George Michael: I was never aware of just how successful things were going to be
Kirsty Young: Thankfully recounting his life of wild success and adulation
George Michael: I was truly enjoying … that stage in my life
Kirsty Young: Alongside the heartache and tragedy that inspired some of his greatest work
George Michael: I thought this can’t all be bad I’ve got to do something good in my life and that’s what I tried to do
- Desert Island Discs: George Michael Interview (2007)
- A Year in the Life of Wham! as Told by George Michael (Smash Hits Yearbook, 1986)
- George Michael Interview with Capital FM Radio with Dr. Fox (Dec 1998)
- Wham! The Final Story (Tiger Beat Star, 1986)
- Wham!’s Last Week, Smash Hit Magazine (July 1986)