How do you feel about being on tour?
I like performing because it’s the absolute zenith of anybody’s creative releases. There is no better feeling in the world. I often think if I had to decide which was the better rush, and which I’d give up first, walking onstage in front of thousands of people or sex … I think I’d have to give up walking onstage, because I’ve proven that I can do that for a year. I can’t imagine going without sex for a year. But it’s the only feeling that comes close. I hate being on tour, though, and the whole process, because you’re surrounded by your own public persona twenty-four hours a day.
- “George Michael Keeps The Faith’ Interview in US Weekly (1988)
- ‘Souled Out: George Michael’ Published in Interview Magazine (1988)
- George Michael Interview with Capital FM Radio with Dr. Fox (Dec 1998)
- George Michael Interview in Blitz Magazine (June 1988)
- An Audience with George Michael: Interview with Chris Evans (1996)