Dr Fox: What I find is amazing, is that people do really love you and they love your music, and I don’t know whether it’s … I think it’s not just a London thing, I think it’s a British thing actually, that really, deep down, although newspapers feed us a load of drivel about people’s private lives, I really don’t think people care a monkey.
George Michael: I don’t think they really care, and I think people, you know, a lot of these songs have become a part of these people’s lives. Maybe because, there’s been no real break in my output, even though I had the court case there were still things coming out, you know, Elton’s thing and, I think because I’ve been kind of there for the last15-16 years, I’ve become really part of people’s nostalgia. So I think people have affection for the pleasure that I’ve given them, hopefully, and that shows itself in terms of the way they deal with me, which is great. I love London,I love the fact that I have such a close connection with London, I love the fact that it seems to be my strongest support you know.
- George Michael Interview with Capital FM Radio with Dr. Fox (Dec 1998)
- An Audience with George Michael: Interview with Chris Evans (1996)
- George Michael Interview in The Face (August 1985)
- George Michael on ‘Listen Without Prejudice’ (1990)
- A Year in the Life of Wham! as Told by George Michael (Smash Hits Yearbook, 1986)