Quote from The Face Magazine Interview “George Michael: Tales from Gymnasium” published in November 1987.
“I will never be in step with Madonna or Prince because they are pretty much the people they portray themselves to be. I think I am capable of blanketing the planet because my music is good enough to do it. But unlike Madonna or Prince, I have to become someone else when I do it. I will never be like them,” he says, this character who has already had four number ones in America and whose latest single, “I Want Your Sex”, has US sales approaching one and a half million. “I just don’t think that I am vivid enough.”
- The Face Magazine Interview “George Michael: Tales from Gymnasium”
- George Michael Interview in Blitz Magazine (June 1988)
- George Michael: The Lone Star State Interview on Q Magazine (June 1988)
- ‘George Michael, Seriously’ from Rolling Stone Magazine (1988)
- A Year in the Life of Wham! as Told by George Michael (Smash Hits Yearbook, 1986)