George Michael wants to make it clear that he’s a pop writer. His ambition now is clear.
“I just want to be able to write a better pop song than the last one.”
Yet he knows that Wham’s success has lost him a few fans and a lot of respect.
“The people we’ve got to win back are the people of 20-25 who were dissuaded from buying a really good pop record like ‘Wake Me Up’ because they don’t think we’re credible group. If we can keep producing really well-crafted pop songs, people will buy the records even though they’re made by us.
- An Audience with George Michael: Interview with Chris Evans (1996)
- ‘George Michael: The Naked Truth’ in No. 1 Magazine (1984)
- George Michael Interview with Capital FM Radio with Dr. Fox (Dec 1998)
- A Year in the Life of Wham! as Told by George Michael (Smash Hits Yearbook, 1986)
- George Michael: Artist or Airhead? (Musician, 1988)