In September 2020, Palais Garnier unveiled a seat dedicated to the memory of George Michael. This whole effort was done by two French fans, Claudie and Cendrine, who responded to Palais Garnier’s Adopt a Seat campaign and raised funds to have George’s name inscribed in one of the seats.
I talked with Cendrine back in January 2020 about this effort. Watch this video and see what Claudie and Cendrine have accomplished:
So mighty proud of the French fans who made this possible. It truly is a great way to honor George Michael!
Check out the Palais Garnier #125 seat with the George Michael dedication looks like:
However, fans have to wait until January 2021 to see the seats due to ongoing renovations at Palais Garnier:
- Teeny-boppers, moms, yuppies rock out with Michael (Orlando Sentinel, 1988)
- Wham! In China (Part 2), Smash Hits Magazine (1985)
- ‘George Michael, Seriously’ from Rolling Stone Magazine (1988)
- Christie’s Catalogue: The Voice
- George Michael: Why I Quit Drugs (Event Magazine, 2014)