George Michael performed at the Wembley Arena, London for his Cover 2 Cover Tour in 1991 on March 19, 20, 22 and 23. But did you know that he donated proceeds from that show to British AIDS charities and hospices estimated to be more than $1 million?
Read this short newspaper clip from Philadelphia Daily News published on March 19, 1991.
Heart of Gold
Playing the strong, silent type these days, George Michael is going about proving that actions speak louder than words.
The pretty-boy rocker is donating proceeds from his sold-out Wembley Stadium stand which starts tonight to British AIDS hospices and research organizations. The take will reportedly be more than SI million.
Sorry, folks, there’s no U.S. concert tour plan in Michael’s near future although his “Listen Without Prejudice: Vol II” is now slated for fall release, and there’s talk he may hit these shores in conjunction with the new disc.
- George Michael’s Acts of Charity
- ‘Too Funky:’ Story of A George Michael Charity Record
- George Michael’s Interview on Magic FM Radio (2007)
- George Michael Donated Proceeds of Elton John Duet to Charities
- List of Duets and Backup Vocals