For World AIDS Day 2011, George Michael participated in the fundraising organized by GaydarRadio to support the National AIDS Trust.
GaydarRadio auctioned digital radios that have been signed “with a silver flourish by the gay-friendly high-profile stars,” including George. Other stars who participated in the auction include JLS, The Wanted, Olly Murs, Steps, Stephen Fry, Paul O’Grady, Gary Barlow, and Kelly Rowland.
George signed one of the “super cool PURE ONE Flow internet-connected digital radios,” which was then auctioned on eBay from November 23-December 3, 2011. The George Michael autographed internet radio attracted 46 bids and sold for £510.00.
All of the money raised from the auction went directly to the National AIDS Trust (NAT). NAT is the UK’s leading charity dedicated to transforming society’s response to HIV.
Below is a video where Gaydar Radio’s Neil Sexton and Debbie Ryan promoted the PURE DAB Celebrity signed Radios eBay Charity Auction for World AIDS Day fundraising.
- George Michael’s Acts of Charity
- List of Charities George Michael Supported
- George Michael and John Lennon’s Imagine Piano: Tracking the Journey through News Clippings
- How George Michael Supported a Charity for Missing Children
- George Michael’s Contribution to the Soundwaves Art Charity Auction